A guidebook designed to inspire rock guitarists as they compose original music. Written in a straightforward, engaging style, the book aims to enhance creativity by both introducing traditional song structure and exploring the approach of rock innovators who adapt, bend, and disregard the rules as they see fit. Most important, each chapter provides a series of exercises designed to spark the imagination of players as they compose their own dynamic, inventive songs.
1. The Creative Songwriter: Inventing Your Own Style
2. The Riff: Devising a Stunning Opener
3. The Verse and Chorus: Shaping the Heart of the Song
4. The Solo: Writing with Style, Playing with Flair
5. The Arrangement: Putting it All Together for the Band
Appendix: (A) Further Reading
(B) Guide to Tablature
Get the extra files for your Mel Bay book by clicking the "Download Extras" button below.
The .zip file contains all of the extras you will need to help you learn from your Mel Bay book. Once it is downloaded to your computer, double-click the file to open.
You can find out more about .zip files here
If you are having trouble opening or downloading this file, please contact us