Book + Online Audio
Standard Notation and Tab
Squareback Saddle Stitched
8.75 x 11.75
Grossman's Guitar Workshop
With Beginning Fingerstyle Guitar, author John Miller has written a book designed to provide newcomers to this style, whether first-time guitarists or guitarists who have previously only played with a pick, the techniques needed to develop a solid foundation for playing fingerstyle. The book uses songs for teaching, presenting multiple ways of playing a song, starting simply, and building gradually in terms of technical difficulty. And the exercises are designed to build skills in a wide range of fingerstyle skills: strumming, thumb-lead playing, pattern picking, and melody arrangements with the thumb playing alternating bass.
What specific features does the book offer for the beginning fingerstyle guitarist?
• Over fifty exercises, for playing through the songs, all notated in both standard notation and tablature.
• Links to sound samples for all of the exercises, with each exercise played at a slow tempo, for starting out, and a target tempo, with all of the exercises counted in, so that you can play along with them.
• Chord diagrams are provided for each song with the fingerings indicated that you would need to play the exercises.
• Playing tips precede each exercise, offering guidance on how to play the exercises with the greatest ease and efficiency in both the picking and the fretting hands.
• A special section on playing Blues at the end of the book.
Additional guidance is offered on understanding tablature, practicing, developing your tone, scale structure and transposition and use of a capo. So, in Beginning Fingerstyle Guitar, you will find a full service instruction manual—one that has been designed to enable you to progress comfortably at your own rate of learning, while steadily building skills and moving forward in terms of your own confidence and willingness to accept new challenges.
Understanding the Tablature
Tone and Tone Production
Getting Ready to Play
The Capo and How to Use It
RED RIVER VALLEY
Fingerstyle Blues Guitar
SEE SEE RIDER
ST. JAMES INFIRMARY
BLUES SHUFFLE BACK-UP IN E
Appendix The Major Scale and its Structure
Get the extra files for your Mel Bay book by clicking the "Download Extras" button below.
The .zip file contains all of the extras you will need to help you learn from your Mel Bay book. Once it is downloaded to your computer, double-click the file to open.
You can find out more about .zip files here
If you are having trouble opening or downloading this file, please contact us