8.75 x 11.75
Mel Bay Guitar University
Mel Bay Publications, Inc.
This book offers an easily learned method that will quickly move the student from intermediate into advanced harmonic territory, adding richness, texture and uniqueness to the improvisational approach. The concept starts with common elements of basic diatonic harmony and 'moves' them in ways that gradually increase the harmonic complexity of their application. Students will greatly expand chord vocabulary and add considerable interest and depth to improvisations. This method provides a simple approach to making the use of alterations and extensions a natural part of any player's harmonic vocabulary.
• Simple, familiar forms are applied in unique ways to add richness and texture to the improvisational sound.
• Uses a simple methodology to integrate alterations and extensions into the harmonic repertoire.
• Rich with ideas to open your ears and add harmonic interest to your playing.
• Reinforces knowledge of chord scales, arpeggios and drop 2 and drop 3 chord voicings.
• Following the completion of this study, the concepts from this book can be used by anyone to continue to experiment and discover a unique and individual sound.
Move it or Lose it
A Cut Above
The Combined Effort
A Major Discovery
From Major to Minor
About the Author
Get the extra files for your Mel Bay book by clicking the "Download Extras" button below.
The .zip file contains all of the extras you will need to help you learn from your Mel Bay book. Once it is downloaded to your computer, double-click the file to open.
You can find out more about .zip files here
If you are having trouble opening or downloading this file, please contact us